Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Pair to Remember

I am interning at Easter Seals as a Special Events/Development Intern. With this position I will assist the Director of Development and the Development Team with the planning of Easter Seals’ signature event, A Pair to Remember. I will also aid with fundraising, donor identification and recruitment, strategic planning and other development goals for the Central Florida region of Easter Seals FloridaI am really excited about the experience I will gain, which will help me in achieving my ultimate goal of becoming a Creative Director. 

A Pair to Remember is a unique event created for women who adore shoes! Top designer shoes, like the ones you can't pronounce, will be part of a live auction at the event. A Pair to Remember is a really big fundraiser and that money will help in Easter Seals' mission to serve children and adults with disabilities and special needs. The event happens in Orlando, Tampa, and West Palm Beach.

This non profit organization has found a great and creative way to raise funds and awareness for disability services. I already love to volunteer so I find it really awesome that I'm getting the experience in special events but also assisting in a great cause.





No comments:

Post a Comment